Use the “View as List” option to see all upcoming events.
- This event has passed.
Sensory PDX: Positive Discipline for Children with Sensory Challenges
January 11, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Please join Caty Buckley, MSW, as she discusses the principles of Positive Discipline, relationship based therapy, and strategies to support sensory differences. The presentation will include:
- Brain research to understand what happens when children go “offline”
- Techniques to stay kind but firm
- Positive time out strategies, including sensory techniques
- Sensory tools and problem-solving language before and after “the storm”
- Importance of repairing relationships after “the storm”
Caty Buckley, MSW, is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and has been providing Positive Discipline parenting classes since 2011. Caty additionally provides mental health services to high school teens and private parent coaching throughout the Portland metropolitan area and beyond.