Public libraries provide many resources for families. They offer access to books, games, movies, storytime, summer reading programs, computers, meeting spaces and more!
- Banks Park and City Events
- Beaverton Community Events and Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District (THPRD)
- Forest Grove Outdoor Recreation and Community Events
- Hillsboro Parks and Recreation and Event Calendar
- Sherwood Parks and Recreation and Community Events
- Tigard Parks and Rec and Community Events
- Tualatin Parks and Recreation and Special Events
- Wilsonville Parks and Recreation and Community Calendar
- Girl Scouts of Oregon and SW Washington – Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character. Programs are for girls in kindergarten through grade 12.
- Boy Scouts Cascade Pacific Council – Scouting teaches character development and having confidence in yourself to “Be Prepared”! Programs are for boys in kindergarten through age 17. The Venture Scout program is for girls and boys ages 14-20.
- 4-H is the youth development program of our nation’s Cooperative Extension System. Programs are for youth ages 5-21.
- Beaverton Police Activities League (PAL) promotes partnerships between youth, police and the community.
Sports teams offer youth a chance to practice decision making and teamwork, all while getting stronger and having fun! Google your favorite type of sport to see what is available near your city. Below are a few examples to get you started:
- Forest Grove Youth Sports
- Gaston Youth Sports
- Hillsboro Youth Sports
- Youth Track and All Comers Meets
- Oregon Youth Soccer Association
- Tigard Football, Soccer, Basketball, and Lacrosse
- Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation Youth Sports (Beaverton area)
- Tualatin Youth Sports Leagues
- Wilsonville Youth Sports
- Beaverton Hoop YMCA offers basketball programs throughout the year for grades 3-12. Westside Youth Sports is in the same building and offers a range of activities from Lego Engineering to volleyball. Financial help is available.
Other sports include dance, gymnastics, swimming, wrestling, golf and t-ball
Oregon Robotics Tournament and Outreach (ORTOP) is a science-based program using Lego parts (for the younger groups) and robotics. There are four different programs for children in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Airway Science for Kids provides youth a unique chance to learn about STEM through the exciting world of flight. It meets at the Hillsboro Airport and serves students 14 and older. They build and fly an aircraft from a kit.
Centro Cultural in Cornelius provides after-school and summer programs for low-income Latino youth. Their STEAM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) partners with Intel.